Wednesday 16 June 2010

Blue Boats

I fell in love with this Cath Kidston fabric when it came out last summer, and was lucky enough to be given this piece for my birthday last year. It made me think me of Cornish holidays as a child, the bright blue of the sea, and the vintage style design on heavy cotton fabric reminded me of long ago holiday cottage curtains. I wanted to make a summer tote bag with it, but at the time was too busy sewing projects for my next book. (More about that soon). But the other day, despite the work I've got on my desk, the chores piling up, and especially the sweet new baby granddaughter I need to go and cuddle every day - I found time to sew this bag and I love it! I added some recycled fabric labels to the inside, a phone pocket and one or two buttons. All set for the seaside now - not long to wait.


No comments: