Tuesday 24 August 2010

Silver Apples



We went to Manchester to visit our younger daughter Rosie and see her lovely new flat which is at the top of a tall old house. (It's a few streets away from where I lived as a student, so I always feel nostalgic there - in a nice way). We had a good look round the bright, refurbished rooms and I snapped some pictures of the pretty things to be found there, and then we went out to a cafe.

We all love going to a cafe, and there are plenty to choose from here......



This time we went to Silver Apples on Orchard Street - what a great name. And a lovely cafe, with a quirky continental feel, vintage china, lovely food and amazing homemade cakes displayed on the counter. Sometimes they have live music and they host lots of interesting events too.



And I knew the name reminded me of something - it comes from a poem by W B Yeats:




And walk among long dappled grass
And pluck till time and times are done
The silver apples of the moon
The golden apples of the sun.



I hope you're having a lovely week. x



2 comments:

Attic24 said...

Wondering where you were in Manchester, I looked up Silver Apples and it's on Burton Road which was my neck o the woods when I was a student too, lived on Clyde Road :o)xx

Helen Philipps said...

Gosh, Lucy I didn't realise you were a student in Manchester too! I lived on Montrose Avenue almost opposite what is now Silver Apples.One of my close friends used to live on Clyde Road.xxx