Monday 3 April 2017

Little Quilt

 A finished (and published) sweet little quilt to show you here today......this is my project for this month's crafts beautiful magazine.............made mainly with bonnie and camille vintage picnic fabrics and pam kitty morning fabrics, i loved the warm and pretty colours as i was making this............
 ..............as regular readers of my blog already know, i love sewing squares.....and it really is all about the fabric you use with these simple designs.............
 ..............i continually enjoy seeing the colour and pattern combinations of one fabric with another..........
 ............here is a peek at the pages of the magazine..........they always take such lovely photographs of my projects but i still can't resist taking a few myself too.............find out more about crafts beautiful here............
 ............this small patchwork throw would be good for summertime outings and picnics or to snuggle up small children under when they get sleepy.......we have several quilts used for that already but i think that this is my new favourite............
 .............a couple more close up shots........the squares were all machine sewn together but i hand quilted it in the ditch and then quilted a square within the squares.............
 ..............and as a little extra.....an applique heart....always love to add a little heart if i can.....
 ...............i often mix different lines of fabric together and like the surprise effects which make each piece of patchwork unique..........
 ..............if you wish you can make this quilt by using a charm pack which saves on cutting out the squares.....and one more.... below we just had to have a rolled up quilt shot............
 ...........this little quilt was made quite a while ago of course as we work well in advance for magazine project publication.......since then i've been working on lots of other things.....and making some fun little things for my easter tree too like the little birdie below....more about that coming soon.........
 ............i am loving all the spring flowers at the moment and here is a big bunch of bright tulips.....
 ............so many lovely colours around at the moment it is impossible not to be inspired.......
..................thank you so much for visiting me here dear readers........thanks for all your sweet comments and hello to new readers who have found me here through instagram this week :)...........wishing you all a wonderful week filled with happy sunny days and plenty of colourful, crafty  inspirations ........back soon xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

30 comments:

KC'sCourt! said...

The quilt is beautiful. May I be very cheeky and ask, do you have any special tips for very neat corners when joining the squares together on your quilts? I wish mine were as neat as yours!

Julie xxxxxx

Brenda Pruitt said...

Helen, how many quilts, big and small, do you think you've created? I would love to see a stack of your pretties!
Brenda

Mickie said...

Helen,
Oh my, inspiration abounds!! Such a sweet quilt once again. I don't know how each new creation of yours can be the next favorite of mine, but it certainly is. Love the colors and fabric choices as always.
Than you for sharing.
Mickie, Indiana USA

Anonymous said...

Yes, lovely as ever and inspiring. Natalie

Kim said...

Absolutely lovely, Helen. Your colors always make me smile! :)

Simone said...

Such a pretty quilt and the little heart really adds a little extra something! Little bird is so cute too! x

Jacky H said...

Yours colours are wonderful a real treat for the eyes.
It's a pleasure to read your blog it give me a colour fix for the week.

Frances said...

Dear Helen, i have just spent some delightful minutes having a catch up on your recent posts, after having taken a brief break from blogland. What a pleasure to return here and see the many beautiful projects that you've been working on...and completing!

The quilting is lovely and I will be looking for that new issue of Crafts Beautiful when it finally arrives over here in the States. Your fabrick choices and attentions to the charming details are what make your creations so extra special.

It was also great to see the photographs of your watercolor paintings of the spring flowers. As someone who also loves the watercolor medium, I was trying to figure out which watercolor brand/s you have been using. I use mainly Winsor Newton, but also like many colors from Sennelier, and have been experimenting lately with some opaque watercolors from Germany. Hoping that I am not being too nosy.

How great to learn that you have joined Instagram. After finally purchasing a smartphone last autumn, I also signed up for IG and have been enjoying the community to be found there. I will be looking for your page. xo

Christine B said...

No wonder you think this quilt is your current favourite Helen... it is beautiful! It would be my favourite too! Have a lovely week! Christine x

Mylittlepieceofengland said...

Beautiful quilt, I really love the little heart, everything's so neat and gorgeous xx

Elizabethd said...

So lovely, in fact it inspired me to get on with two packs of squares that I was recently sent. They are perfect for a baby quilt.

greenrabbitdesigns said...

What a beautiful little quilt Helen with of course your trade mark heart!! I love it, in fact if I had seen it somewhere other than your blog I would have known it was yours by the wonderful style and pretty colours!
You are so right, so much gorgeous spring colour about now...have a great week,
V x

Sam I Am...... said...

Oh! That has to be a favorite of mine too! I love those fabrics together. You do such a great job of combining just the right designs and colors...all those classes you took at university really paid off! LOL! You've got me quilting again too! Have a lovely week!

Jane said...

How proud you must be to see your gorgeous quilt in print Helen....it really is a beauty, such pretty colours. I agree that the tulips are really taking the show now in the garden aren't they. Have a lovely week xxx

Unknown said...

Your quilt is just delicious! The fabrics are fabulous, such happy little prints. Love love love !

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Happy colors on the quilt and birdie :)
deb

Gracie Saylor said...

It is so lovely to catch up with you and your pretty latest projects this afternoon, Helen...your quilts, and flowers, and a little bird and sweet bunny...and my favorite...when you share a glimpse of your wonderful painting! Thank you. After good visits with some of my family members over the last two months I am enjoying being home and getting back into a routine and the exciting re-awakening of our gardens. Happy Spring! xxxxxxx

Little Quiltsong said...

This quilt is adorable - especially love the addition of the single heart block!

Teje Karjalainen said...

So sweet quilt, Helen! Your fabric choises are always adorable and cute! I love your beautiful spring photos with tulips and birds! x Teje

Unknown said...

You use such happy colors in your projects. Reading your blog is changing the way I look at colors and the colors I use. Thanks so much!

Amy at love made my home said...

Your quilt is adorable and I love the little heart in the corner!

Rhona said...

Another gorgeous quilt Helen! Love the fabric combinations you use....the colours are wonderful.

Gabri millecrocette said...

A very pretty quilt...I love tulips too!!Happy week

Teresa Kasner said...

Your little quilt turned out spectacular, Helen! I can imagine wrapping and little baby in that and cuddling up. Love your little flower posy!! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

mynestofyarnandbuttons said...

Hi Helen, what a delight to see this finished delightful little quilt. I love your color style and personal touches❤. Spring is so special and looks so lovely in your homeland! Love the tulips 💐
Enjoy your week, xoRobin

Patty Marker said...

I love a simple patchwork quilt as well and I like to mix designers and lines within the quilt. Keeps it all fun and I get to use (and buy) more fabric! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment and I am so glad to see you on instagram. Patty

Jo said...

Squares really do show off the fabric pattern well. I am using all little bits a the moment with surprising and pleasing results.Jo x

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Beautiful and charming quilt. The little birdie is adorable.

Bee Lady said...

Beautiful as always and that bird is adorable! I was thinking about not getting my Easter tree out this year, but maybe I just need to work on something new for it!

Cindy

Tina said...

I just love your little quilt but the heart was my favorite part. The colors were great to.